Buying something? Buy local!
The Essential Guide is challenging you to take part in the buy local challenge to live locally for one week – by sourcing both goods and services from their local shops and suppliers.
Why not try it yourself and take up the challenge? Your next purchases could be just streets away so please consider the local options first, whether it’s a major purchase, a weekly food shop, or a bit of frivolity. You’ll be surprised at what you can find on your doorstep in. You’ll be amazed how easy, rewarding and fun it can be.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Buy any birthday presents from a local business.
- Swap your morning national chain coffee for a coffee from an independent cafe.
- Buy your daily newspaper from your local newsagent rather than a supermarket.
- Prepare a meal made with all locally bought produce (this doesn’t have to be ALL local produce. It could be that the ingredients were bought from a locally owned shop which contributes to the local economy).
- Look for your future holiday from a local travel agent or be green, or holiday in Cheshire using local companies.
- At work, look for a local supplier.
- At home, look for an insurance quote from a local supplier or agent.
- If you’re a potential customer, search the listings on the Essential Guide website for local companies.
Shift the balance—buy local
Three more reasons to spend in the local community
- You become part of a chain of people making local decisions affecting local people.
- Thanks to your custom, local businesses are more likely to survive, succeed and stay local.
- Local businesses are more likely to be environmentally sustainable, especially those with local supply chains.
If you’re a potential advertiser, why not join the campaign?
If you run a business based in or near Warrington, or you employ people locally, you can be a part of the ‘Live local? Buy LOCAL’ campaign. This is an easy way to promote your business during these difficult economic times. With an avert in the Essential Guide you can show local customers you have the right products for them at the right price, right on their doorstep.
Profits from independent traders are more likely to be re-invested locally, so it really is in the interests of your business to support the ‘Live local? Buy LOCAL!’ campaign. By doing so you’ll be showing your support for other local businesses in the area and commitment to the local economy, as well as helping to increase awareness of the need to buy local, discouraging people from shopping outside the area or online.
Call 01925 766742 to advertise your business.