Culcheth Christmas Shopping Challenge
Did you know that £1.00 spent locally is worth at least 10 times more to the local economy than if it was spent elsewhere?
Shopping online or out-of-town may save you a little time but when you shop with your local independents you are doing ‘your bit’ to keep Culcheth ‘open for business.’
The diversity of independent retailers in Culcheth is well established, and this year the Essential Guide is teaming up with local businesses to offer local people an extra incentive to enjoy Christmas shopping, with a great prize on offer.
Goodies worth over £300
Vouchers … Games … Toys … Gifts … Dining experience Festive Fayre … Workshops … Panto tickets … Home furnishings …Hair & beauty … and much more
All donated by our local independent retailers .
The Essential Guide Christmas Shopping Challenge is the ideal way for the local community to come together and use our local independent shops and services during the festive season. What better way to support your local high street by shopping in our wonderful varied independent shops?
All you have to do is shop at 7 of the participating independent shops, spending a minimum of £5 and collecting a ‘stamp’ as you go!
You’ll find Challenge charts in any of the participating shops, in the Culcheth issue of the Essential Guide, or download the Challenge chart here: http://essentialguidemagazine.co.uk/culcheth-christmas-shopping-challenge-chart/
When you have collected 7 stamps you can enter the draw to win a hamper of locally sold goodies and vouchers from participating local businesses (see below)! Leave your completed chart with one of the participating shops.
Additional prize on offer
Collect 10 or more stamps to be entered into an extra draw to win a shopping voucher to the value of £30 from a participating business of your choice.
The Christmas Shopping Challenge starts from Saturday 19th November and runs until 3pm on Christmas Eve.
Please note, the draw is only open to adults aged 18 or over, or children with an accompanying adult.
So, THANK YOU for supporting your local independent retailers and keeping Culcheth village alive. Shopping locally supports local traders, their suppliers and the people they depend on to run their businesses. Buying locally boosts your local economy, rebuilding confidence in the community, enabling local businesses to prosper and grow.
The event is organised by the Essential Guide Magazine and is designed to encourage shoppers to depart from their usual routine and discover new outlets.
Terms & Conditions
- Shop at a minimum of 7 of the participating independent retailers, spending a minimum of £5 in each shop and collect a ‘stamp’ on the chart
- Stamps must be from different shops; shops can only be used once
- Only I stamp per transaction over £5, regardless of the amount of the transaction
- Collect 10 or more ‘stamps’ on the same card to be entered into a second draw to win a shopping voucher to the value of £30 from a participating business of your choice
- There is one main prize of an assorted hamper for 7 stamps
- There is an additional prize of a £30 shopping voucher for cards with 10 or more stamps
- Please note, the draw is only open to adults aged 18 or over, or children with an accompanying adult
- The promotional period is Saturday 19th November-3pm Saturday 24th December
- The prize draw will take place on 29th December and winners will be notified immediately by phone or email
- Entry to this competition is free
- Only one entry per person is permitted
- The winners will be selected at random
- The hamper may not be exchanged for other prizes
- The £30 voucher may not be exchanged for any other prizes
- No negotiation will be entered in to and the judges’ decision is final. Entries submitted after 3pm on Saturday 24th December 2016 will not be accepted
- The Essential Guide will not share your details with any 3rd party
The event is organised by the Essential Guide Magazine and is designed to encourage shoppers to depart from their usual routine and discover new places to shop locally.
Thank you to all these local independent retailers for their gifts:
Amazing Cake Company – Sweet hamper
Animal Kingdom – Bird feeder
Atlas Interiors – diffuser & candle
Beauty by Emma – voucher for Gel polish (hands) worth £18
Black Sheep – afternoon tea
Borsa – Leather purse
Children’s Society Charity Shop – bath gift set
Courtyard Carpets – Rug
Culcheth Arms – £15 voucher
Culcheth Car Spares – Bottles of wash & wax
Culcheth Dog Grooming – Grooming voucher
Culcheth Fish & Grill – Fish supper for 2
Culcheth Ironing Service – Ironing voucher
Culcheth Sports Club – bottle of wine
Culcheth Village Club – Bottle of Jack Daniels
Cute Little Me – £25 gift voucher
Digi Me Bobs – iPad games and headphones
Dragonfly Delights – dressing the Hamper
Forget-Me-Not toy & Bookshop – Children’s book and craft set
Genesis Shoes – £20 voucher
Heart & Soul Up-cycled furniture – occasional table
House of Natural Beauty – £10 voucher
Kenyon Lane Nurseries – Plant
Le Brunch – £10 voucher
Leigh Golf club – Voucher for game of golf for 4 player
Liberty’s Bar – 2 bottles of wine
Ma’am a Lady – Bath set
Malham Court Hair Salon – Voucher for a ‘Cut & blow’
Mizi Designer Boutique – Dressing gown & slippers
MopHeads – voucher for a cut & finish with treatment
Olive Tree – deli food
Parr Hall, Warrington – Family ticket to the pantomime
Picture This – 2 free vouchers for art/craft lesson
Pip Squeak & Wilfrid – Children’s glove puppet
Poyntons Florist – bouquet of flowers
PPM Printer – child’s puzzle
Room 212 – ladies scarf
Samuel Peter – set of hair products
Sincerely Yours Card Shop – Yankee Candle
Spa Beautiful – voucher
Sundial Jeweller – Bracelet
The Cherry Tree – £30 dining voucher
The Cloth Shop – Crochet hook gift pack
The Magpie’s Nest – lamp
The Pack Horse – one course Sunday lunch for two
Village Goldsmith – £20 gift voucher
Village Sandwich Bar – TBC
Worsely Travel – chocolate selection
Zarina – Ladies handbag